The user manual for RavelNotes is now up-to-date and describes the many new features.
Suggestions and feedback is welcome because it helps me to improve the user manual and also RavelNotes itself even further. Please use this form if you’d wish to send me a comment, thank you!
Please rate the app in the App Store, thanks!
There is a new version (3.1) of RavelNotes now available in the Apple App Store!
Perhaps the most interesting new feature: It is now possible to redirect playing to synthesizer apps via Midi,
running on your iPad in the background, using the endless sound capabilities that many synthesizer apps on the iPad have! Also, the design has been improved. Advertising (ads) have been removed. Therefore this app is no longer free. (except for updates for existing users, of course)
Feature list for this 3.1 version:
• Real time playing!
• Intuitive design, easy to use.
• Play using the in-app 127 General Midi preset sounds, and/or:
• Play it cool redirected on up to four synthesizer apps running in de background,
e.g. Thor, iProphet, iMini, Sunrizer, Korg, Animoog, Z3TA+, Galileo… just to name a few.
• Play along with songs in Apple Music to improve your skills !
• Drag notes and chords anywhere on the workspace and play them (multitouch).
• Combine notes and chords into new custom chords and vice versa.
• Make multitimbral custom chords with notes simultaneously playing on different
synthesizers and/or internal sounds.
• Save your workspaces in the in-app database.
• Copy, Cut and Paste notes and chords.
• Several types of keyboard templates available.
• Share your workspaces with others by email!
• Works off-line. No internet connection or cloud needed. Useful on remote locations.
• Extensive built-in illustrated help file.
(not all listed here)
• Now also for iPad Pro.
• Advertising has been removed. No more ad bar at the bottom, therefore the workspace is now larger.
• Instead of using internal sounds only, you can now also connect via Midi and
play on up to four synthesizer apps simultaneously running in the background
on your iPad, e.g. Thor, iProphet, iMini, Sunrizer – just to name a few.
• Overlapping notedrones now play simultaneously when one of them is touched.
• Added pop up volume sliders, so that the volume for the four internal sounds can be adjusted individually.
• Added pop up pitch-bend and modulation sliders that are effective on Midi synthesizers.
• The active sound presets for the 4 sounds, volumes and Midi channel configuration are
now saved together with the workspace and restored when loading the workspace.
However, workspaces saved with previous versions of RavelNotes can still be loaded.
• Share your workspaces with others by email !
• Improved user interface with better color scheme and context switching toolbar.
• Combine multiple notes and chords into new custom chords and vice versa.
• Make multitimbral custom chords with notes simultaneously playing on
different synthesizers and/or internal sounds.
• The notes that make up a chord are now visible in notedrones
• Better keyboard templates: a new “guitar board”
• Keyboards are now movable in the workspace.
• Notes of the keyboard are now also selectable to conveniently make new
custom chords or save them to the clipboard and paste into the workspace.
• Improved embedded user manual.Have fun!